Biometric technology is becoming increasingly popular for time and attendance tracking. Although fingerprint biometrics is a popular choice, facial recognition time tracking is an alternative biometric solution with certain distinct advantages.
QDC is offering facial attendance system with body temperature detection, which is the best of both world.
How Facial Recognition Time Tracking Systems Work
Facial recognition time tracking uses biometric identification verification based on facial characteristics. Facial recognition technology varies. The system may look at specific algorithms of the distances between features, consult 2D images, or use 3D facial recognition to identify specific facial features.
The first step in implementing facial biometrics is to get all employees registered in the facial database for future identification and biometrics authentication. From that point forward, when an employee clocks in or seeks access to a particular area, the employee’s face is scanned and biometric software identifies and authenticates based on facial recognition and the employee’s information.
Advantages of Face Recognition Time Tracking
Time tracking with facial recognition can benefit your company in a number of ways:
- Automated time tracking system: Automation simplifies time tracking, and there is no need to have personnel to monitor the system 24 hours a day. To err is human, and with automated systems, human error is eliminated. A time and attendance system using facial recognition technology can accurately report attendance, absence, and overtime with an identification process that is fast as well as accurate.
- Labor cost savings: Facial recognition software can accurately track time and attendance without human error. It keeps track of the exact number of hours an employee is working, which can help save the company money. You will never have to worry about time fraud or “buddy punching” with a facial recognition time tracking system.
- Tighter security: Facial biometric time tracking allows you to not only track employees but also add visitors to the system so they can be tracked throughout the worksite. Access can be denied to any person not in the system. If an incident should occur, facial recognition software can provide evidence for an investigation with a scanned image of a person or persons who have entered the area.
- Time saving and reduced contagion: When contagious illnesses such as colds and viruses spread throughout the workforce, it can increase the incidence of employee absences and significantly reduce productivity. With facial recognition, employees can enter and leave the facility in considerably less time. There is no need to touch the surface of the system to clock in or out. This saves time, as well as minimizing the spread illnesses due to physical contact.
- Ease of integration: Biometric facial recognition technology can be easily programmed into your time and attendance system.
Get a Fingerprint and Face Recognition Time and Attendance System Today
QDC Systems offers facial recognition and fingerprint time clocks. With our biometric time clocks and facial recognition software, your business can benefit from more efficient time tracking while reducing time fraud.